Random Friday Thoughts
Just a few things that I’ve been thinking about lately:
- Had a great vacation with the family. It was nice to get away from it all and just relax. I don’t think we do enough of that and we’re constantly stressed out about all of the plates we have in the air.
- My one conclusion I came to on vacation – I have to start saying ‘no’ more often. I say yes way too much and then I turn my life (and my family) upside down to make it all happen. I’m going to work on this.
- Mike Haberman of HR Observations , is going to do a series of posts on ISM’s. Racism, Ageism, Sexism – from a human resources perspective. I love Mike’s blog. He’s a solid HR thinker and contributor and I can’t wait to read the series (Read about it here).
- I know I may lose some of the few followers I have over this, but I’m sorry, I’m so over the Michael Vick story. I’m over it. I agree with Tim Sackett in his post on hiring Michael Vick. One point Tim makes is that “Vick did do his time and is paying for his crime. The question we need to ask ourselves is how would we treat him if he wasn’t famous?” ‘Nuff said.
- This conversation around universal health care has been disappointing. The anger and the hatred that we’re seeing at these town halls is, well, scary. I know that there are issues in the proposals that need to be flushed out but can’t we have civil discussions and not shout-fests? Just because you’re the loudest, doesn’t make you right.
- Did we have this kind of angry display with HillaryCare? I don’t remember it being this bad, do you?
- I’m hoping to start posting a little more frequently. I’m trying to get in the habit of setting aside more time to write. Any bloggers out there have any suggestions?