I recently guest posted over at Creative Chaos Consultant about the Put Up or Shut Up Challenge. Here’s my post about it (and the others are here), but in a nutshell, Victorio Milian asked HR pros what we were going to do to be a HR Rock Star in 2010.
As I was writing the post, I started thinking about some of the other things crisscrossing through my world right now. There’s a lot going on and it’s an exciting time for me. I’m learning and being challenged daily and I love it!
So what’s going on? Good question. Glad you asked!
Outside of my HR responsibilities at the really cool ad agency I work for, here’s what’s been going on with me:
- Louisville SHRM Board – As I mentioned in my Put Up or Shut Up post, I recently accepted a board position with our local SHRM chapter as the Communications and Technology Chair. Part of my responsibility this year will be to get the chapter moving into the social media arena. I also want to tackle our website; get in behind the scenes and get a better understanding of the back-end side of the site. I’d like to work on making it more interactive, more user-friendly.
- HRevolution 2010 – I had such a good time on the planning committee for the first HRevolution, I signed up for more! I am very excited about this year’s event but I can’t let the secrets out of the bag just yet. Stay tuned!
- Personnel Committee – yes, that’s correct. My church is still calling it a Personnel Committee and I am now a member of said committee. My first task? Change the name. Second task? Putting some processes in place for recruiting and other HR-related issues. We’re busy recruiting now for a couple of positions, so I had to hit the ground running!
- Couples Ministry – My husband and I have started a Couples Ministry at church. We’ve been planning this ministry for almost a year and it’s all coming together. We started our marketing campaign in January and had our kick-off session this past Friday. 24 couples attended the kick-off and we had a great time! We already have our second session planned and are working on the rest of the year. We’re really excited about this ministry and are looking forward to growing together as a couple, and encouraging other couples to do the same.
- 50th Wedding Anniversary – Speaking of couples, my parents will be celebrating 50 years of marriage this year!! My siblings and I are busy planning a big to-do to celebrate this milestone. With one out of every two marriages ending in divorce, 50 years is definitely something to celebrate!
So that’s some of what’s crisscrossing through my life right now. How about you? What’s going on in your world?